
We braved the first week of school! As I watched James head off to high school for the first time my heart started to ache...a big tug on the apron strings. I wanted to discretely follow behind James and his buddy in my own car as they drove away but I resorted to peeking out the blinds. Don't get me wrong...I am usually the mom doing back handsprings on the playground on the first day of school. I realized that I have always been there to watch James walk in to his class on the first day of school since both the Elementary School and Middle School are just around the block. This year was the first year that I wasn't able to do that. How I would LOVE to be a fly on the wall in each one of his classes. I'll stop being so "motherish" now.
I recently spoke with a cute lady I have not seen for I long time. As we caught up on each other's lives I asked about her children who have grown up and have children of their own. Her response was priceless. She said... "If they weren't my children they'd still be my best friends." I SO feel that way. I truly enjoy "kickin' it" (as they would say) with each one of my kids. I realize I happen to be a little partial, but they are all such great kids.
This would be the only picture I got before James left on his first day. I pulled out the camera and his response..."Really?...Are you kidding me?" He'll understand one day.
Then it was Nick's turn to leave for Middle School. He, of course, wanted to be like his older brother and so the picture below is kind of staged. :)
And then Annie and Ryan were off to Elementary School. This picture cracked me up. Could we have any more boys living in our circle?

Last night was "Back to School" night at the Elementary school. As we were leaving, Ryan said, "Mom, you are going to want to bring your camera." I was extremely puzzled since it was just the same old "Back to School" night I've been to a thousand times...but I grabbed it anyway. Ryan's teacher is adorable! She had every child make himself/herself a "twin" that would be waiting for their Mom and Dad. Too cute!

Annie and I needed a picture next to the handsome dude. :)

Although I promised Ryan not to reveal her name...this is the girl that Ryan has a crush on. Isn't she a cutie?!

Ryan is running for "Chairperson" of his class. He and I spent the afternoon making a poster for his campaign.

Turned out pretty cute! He gives a speech next week before the class votes. Good Luck Ry!

Last night was "Back to School" night at the Elementary school. As we were leaving, Ryan said, "Mom, you are going to want to bring your camera." I was extremely puzzled since it was just the same old "Back to School" night I've been to a thousand times...but I grabbed it anyway. Ryan's teacher is adorable! She had every child make himself/herself a "twin" that would be waiting for their Mom and Dad. Too cute!
Annie and I needed a picture next to the handsome dude. :)
Although I promised Ryan not to reveal her name...this is the girl that Ryan has a crush on. Isn't she a cutie?!
Ryan is running for "Chairperson" of his class. He and I spent the afternoon making a poster for his campaign.
Turned out pretty cute! He gives a speech next week before the class votes. Good Luck Ry!
3 comments:
Adorable!
Darling. I am now panicked about my James starting high scool.
I love the desk people. Ryan's crush is a real hottie!
Post a Comment