Monday, April 7, 2008

Dear Mother Nature...

Thank you for all of the wonderful "moisture" we have been so incredibly blessed with over the past few months. You have truly OUTDONE yourself. I just wanted to kindly remind you that it is NOT January. It is APRIL!!! The time of year we look forward to your beautiful crocus, daffodils and tulips.
My darling son caught me this morning looking LOVELY as I brushed snow off my car. I am glad he used the camera rather than the camcorder because I was mumbling a few words that should not be repeated. May I suggest RAIN for this time of year?! As beautiful as the snow is...it is ruining the normally BLISSFUL mood in the Carrigan home.

Thank you for your consideration,
Ima DONE!!!

7 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

WHOA!! Look at what I posted today!

We must be sisters.

Dawn said...

Yep, great minds think alike. I'm glad it's not just me that gets cranky immediately when I wake up to snow!

Diane said...

Gene wants us to move to Florida!!!

Eugene Powell Till said...

Lauri:

I love the effort in your blog to not offend God, and yet let him know that enough is enough. It is my belief that all these people who continue to stand up in testimony meeting and express gratitude for the moisture are the problem. I think a little jeering would be appropriate. We could start by not saying amen when they sit down. A few stink eye looks probably wouldn't hurt, and some outright confrontations might become necessary. Just some suggestions !

Now, down to some serious stuff. You have spoiled me over the years with beautiful, colorful schedules of up coming games, and I know you have been sick and all that kind of stuff, but let's get real. I need MY schedule and I need it now ! An IV hanging out of one arm and ODing on drugs is not an acceptable excuse. We are talking about the lives and events of our children. Yes... I understand that we are all depressed with this crappy weather, and one more snow fall may just be the breaking point, but life must continue, right along with our need for essentials.... Schedule = Essential

I love you and will continual to pray for your well being, but my prayers will be much more fervent if I have a schedule in my hands... :-) Gene

Carrigan Clan said...

Gene:

Thanks for the NOVEL.

All I can say is THANK YOU for always supporting my kids the way you do. It means a lot to them and to me.

P.S. If you move to Florida then I want to come.

Jane said...

Love the letter, and I would like to add my name to the end.

Eugene Powell Till said...

Jane...consider yourself on the Florida list.. gene