Sunday, April 6, 2008

Conference Weekend


I love General Conference weekend! It gives me an awesome JUMP START for the next 6 months. I am always a little sad when it is over because I thoroughly enjoy listening to the Apostles. Staying in my "jammies" all day on Sunday is also a plus. One of my very favorite talks was given by Elder Bednar on PRAYER. He gave 3 suggestions on making them more meaningful. I didn't write them down and now I am wishing I had so I have to make a note of it so that when my Conference Ensign comes out, I will remember which talk to look for. Also LOVED Ballard's talk on Mothers. Hello kids! Pick up your toys without being asked! Couldn't have been said any better. Well...except for maybe "soccer cleats" instead of toys.

I'll be honest. I missed President Hinkley as I am sure most people did. When Jim and the boys got home from Priesthood I was asking all about it and Jim said, "I miss my prophet." I kept thinking about President Hinkley through the Conference...remembering his cute wit and sweet voice.

I enjoyed hearing so many of the Apostles bear witness of President Monson. I know it is his time to serve and he will be wonderful. I especially enjoyed his talk when he was talking about his wife's note to the children..."do not let dad touch the microwave!" What a cutie-pie!

It is always amazing to me how much love I feel for these special men. From years of listening to each of the Apostles, isn't it amazing how you can hear the sound of each of their voices before they even begin to speak. I feel that is what it will be like when we see Christ again someday. His voice so familiar. I am so grateful for Him and His gospel. It is TRUE and life is GOOD.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Lauri that was beautiful and you echoed my thoughts but voiced them so much better that I could. SOOO honored to be your mom.