Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Introducing Lacrosse
Lacrosse is new for the Carrigan family and Ryan and Nick are just kicking off their first season. I am definitely going to have to read "Lacrosse For Dummies" because I really don't know the game. Ryan's practice field was just changed to the elementary school by our house. HAPPY DAY! One less carpool! Here is Ryan riding his wave to practice today.
GOOD STORY...Today was Ryan's first practice that mouth guards were MANDATORY. Coach made it very clear: No mouth guard-No practice! My cute friend comes running over with her boy a few minutes late and tells the team mom "We don't have a mouth guard for Kimball today, but I put him in a "make-shift" mouth guard. Is that OK?" The team mom paused for a minute and then asked her, "What is he using as a "make-shift" mouth guard?" My friend just laughed and said, "I dug out my old bleaching trays from a few years ago. He is wearing those." I looked over at her son who was clearly not happy to be wearing his mom's bleaching trays. He kept gagging. It was HILARIOUS! I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Good times.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
There are tears in my eyes right now from laughing so hard. Oh my gosh. That mom is incredible. And smart. She got her son to wear her bacteria infested bleach trays that wouldn't even protect him at all from a blow to the mouth. And he was gagging. That is absolutely brilliant.
(Sigh)....Oh, the laughter.
I am cracking up at the mouthguard story, poor kid! I have tried to look at your blog many times and this is the first time it would work for me. I can only view it in firefox, not explorer. weird. I am glad I figured a way to see your cute kids again.
Now that's one I never thought of for Clark and Phil!
"Makeshift Mouthguard." lol
Unrelated question...When I start marketing "Big Ass Bows" and get rich off them, will Jim expect copyright checks??
Post a Comment