1/4 lb butter
1 c chopped celery
1 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped carrots
1/3 c flour
4 c chopped fresh tomatoes
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp fresh basil
1 tsp marjoram
1 bay leaf
4 c chicken broth
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp curry
1/4 tsp pepper
Melt butter in pot. Add celery, onions, and carrots. Cook until onions are clear. Add flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add tomatoes, sugar, basil, majoram, bay leaf and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Simmer for 30 minutes. (I let it simmer for almost 2 hours while I ran carpools) Blend it. I used my hand blender but you could probably pour it in your blender as well. Mix in rest of ingredients. Salt to taste. I also ended up straining it to take out the tomato seeds and slivery celery bits. Mmmm.
Oh, did I mention that I made it from scratch? Me.
6 comments:
Way to go Laurie! It looks and sounds delicious, it is officially on my list of recipes to try.
I've never met Holly, but she might be my new best friend. I LOVE tomatos and have been looking for a good soup recipe for fall. Thanks in advance!
I am so impressed! Can't wait to try it!
Wow! Impressive...looks so good. Can't wait to try it. (just wish I had a garden of fresh tomoatoes...Smith's might have to do!)
Very impressed. I needed this recipe for our surplus of tomatoes.
I knew you had it in you! Thanks Holly, whoever you are, for bringing out the chef in Laurie!
Looks delicious, can't wait to try!
Post a Comment