Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Whirlwind Weekend

Jim has been planning what we call a "walk-a-bout" for about a month now. Depending on flights, Jim was possibly going to take the 3 boys to Chile over the Mother's Day weekend. Last Thursday after discovering that the flights were WIDE open, he asked me if Annie and I would come along as well. AGH! Spontaneity is not one of my best qualities. I really do try, however, a last minute change on my very scheduled calendar causes me major anxiety. I had no laundry done, we had many previously scheduled appointments I would have to cancel, you KNOW what our "super sports Saturdays" look like, and I was planning on hanging with my cute Mom on Mother's Day. Yet, I knew it was a great opportunity and I would totally regret it if I stayed home. So after a little panic attack, I pulled myself together and decided to enjoy the moment.

We arrived in Atlanta at around 10:00 Friday morning. Our flight to Chile didn't leave until 9:30 that night and so we had time to kill. We hopped onto Marta (the local trax system) and headed for downtown Atlanta where we were able to take a tour of the CNN center. I wasn't sure my kids would be all that excited but they really liked it.
Next we walked over to the Coca-Cola building. Did you know Coca-Cola started in Atlanta? We watched coke bottles line up, get sanitized and then filled with coke on the assembly line. At the end of the tour we were able to taste all of the products Coca-Cola bottles around the world. Suggestion...if you are ever in Italy...don't drink a beverage called "Beverly!" Nasty! We all about barfed.
On the way back to the airport, I swear I saw my sister-in-law's, Lisa, twin. She looked exactly like her! Oh yeah...and she was African American. It was weird.

I was dreading our flight to Chile because it was 10 hours long. However, I didn't feel too bad for the kids because we were all able to sit in first class. Ya gotta love flight benefits!
I'll be honest...It was heaven.

4 comments:

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

Can't wait to hear more about the trip. As for the twin thing, my maiden name is "Black" so maybe it is possible!! Too funny! Would love to have seen what she looked like.

Anonymous said...

Ah, the suspense... can't wait to hear more.

Your kids look so much like you and Clark as kids-- it's like a time machine.

Lori just emailed me. She's coming into town. I need to call you.

Carrigan Clan said...

Michelle...that would be great. I would love to see you guys.

Maryann said...

I love that Annie has a sleeping mask on.