Saturday, April 26, 2008
Primary Activity
Today we had a neat Stake Primary Activity. We had the kids watch the video shown at the Humanitarian Center about service. Then the children compiled 250 school kits for the Humanitarian Center and each took a turn sewing a couple stitches on a quilt they made to donate.
Yes, that IS my daughter and yes she IS quilting. I know. I had to take a picture as proof. She actually enjoyed it and did a really great job. I realize quilting isn't that hard, but don't forget who her mother is! The kids also collected about 100 dolls and stuffed animals to donate.
Hopefully the kids learned that they too can perform service and make a difference in helping other children around the world. If not, well...at least we had good treats. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Looks like the activity turned at very well Lauri. Fun to see Annie quilting. Sure love my Annie and Ryan and their mom.
What an awesome idea! Maybe we could get together for a "quilt night"...or maybe NOT! :)
Post a Comment