Thursday, April 3, 2008

On your mark, get set...GO!


It's that time of year again where I feel like I'm running a very long race...or maybe even training for an Ironman. Yeah, we'll say that. I am in Spring training for the Carrigan Ironman. All of the kids' activities are in full swing. Just on Thursdays I have to have a child (and all of their equipment) somewhere at 3:30, 5:00, 5:30, 5:45, 6:30 and 7:00pm. We're back to 5-game Saturdays.

It is comforting to know I am not alone! In fact, I had to laugh today when I went to pick up the neighbor who is in our Lacrosse carpool. At that same time, 2 other SUVs were honking for kids in our circle. All of us driving carpool to some practice of some sort somewhere. We, of course, are not all going to the same place. That would be WAY TOO EASY!

Every year, as soon as I start to complain, I think to myself..."what would I rather be doing?" The answer is NOTHING. I just have to REMIND myself that this is the stage of life I am in. I have to REMEMBER how truly GRATEFUL I am that we are even able to provide these opportunities for our kids. I am grateful to watch their improvement each season and LOVE to see their confidence grow. The best part is BEST part is watching your kids excel doing something they love to do.

So HIP HIP to carpool mothers everywhere! I will SMILE every morning as I put on my running shoes. See Clark...you DO have IRONMAN training partner!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Lauri- I love this post... it is so true! Next week- I am kind of dreading as we start soccer/baseball season... thanks for the reminder to embrace it and try to enjoy the moments...because as we all know- they are fleeting!

Des said...

Lauri, honestly I would love to help! Tell me when and where and Alex and I are there! I'm not joking...seriously...I mean it! And we need to soccer schedules, cus I know Alex and I would LOVE to watch her cousins play!

Maryann said...

That is awesome.

Diane said...

Gene was just asking today -"Why don't we have a Carrigan Sports schedule yet?"

Branigan Knowlton said...

I need a lacrosse schedule. cheers.

Julie Knowlton said...

Lauri, you are amaz-za-zi-zing. Really.