Saturday, February 2, 2008
Early Grateful Sunday
I love this picture of President Hinkley. What a sweet man. I didn't actually attend his funeral today, but I did watch it on TV. President Henry B. Eyring best summed up my feelings when he said, "We are all missing a little piece of our hearts today." I surprised myself at just how hard I wept during the service. Not because of his death or even because of his reunion with Marjorie. I wept because of the overwhelming feeling of gratitude in my heart for being able to live in the shadow of his presidency and enjoy the benefits of his service. He simply made me want to be a better person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So well put Lauri. ALL of us are better people because of him!
He and Marge are doing fine, it's us I am worried about.
Well said Lauri. g
Post a Comment