Yesterday I gathered all of my iTunes gift cards I have recently received and had so much fun buying some of my very favorite songs. Ok...I'll admit that most of the songs were from old Broadway musicals. In fact, I was ECSTATIC to find "The Sound of Music" and downloaded the whole album. I owned this exact album as a child and remember putting the record on my old record player and then dancing around the room pretending I was Maria. What?! Come on! Is there anything better?! Anyway, I burned some of the new songs onto a CD to play in the car while running errands and carpools. While singing along with the music my Ry-Guy...my adorable, sensitive, incredibly sweet Ryan looked at me, rolled his eyes, shook his head and said, "Mom, you are retarded!"

Mom...I'm sorry I ever thought of you as an old fart. And I was just wondering...How is it that I am slowly metamorphosing into YOU every day?! And are these YOUR jeans I am wearing?
4 comments:
hahaha that is so funny. I dread the day that Ruby becomes too cool for her mother.
That. Is. AWESOME.
Wow! What a compliment Lauri! Especially because you are SO SO SO incredible!
However, my jeans would DROWN you!
Lauri, remember you as Sandi (THE STAR) of GREASE in Texas? You did such an amazing job. People are still talking about the great job you did - (well Gerald Williams is anyway.)
Sing those songs to Ry-Guy.
Post a Comment