Sunday, January 13, 2008

Happy Birthday James!

I cannot believe that James is 15! Hello?! I have a 15 year old and he's getting his drivers permit! What?! I couldn't be more proud of him. I love James's little scruffy little voice when he was younger. I love that he is kind, fun to hang with, smart, responsible, athletic with good sportsmanship, a leader, happy, determined, opinionated (except for when he is right and I am wrong), strong (can pretty much kick my butt and almost take his old man), has a testimony of the gospel, and is always looking out for the underdog. Again, I couldn't be more PROUD of him and I LOVE him so very much! I feel extremely GRATEFUL that I get to be his mom!

10 comments:

Diane said...

Happy Birthday James! I was thinking about you this morning and remembering so many cute and cool things you have done since you were born. Because you are my oldest grandson you have always held a special place in my heart. Ditto to all your mom said - I COULD NOT BE MORE PROUD OF YOU. I love you so much bud! Thanks for the example you are to your brothers, sister, nieces and nephews. We. want you to drive the Mercedes some time. (Well I better check that out with Gene first.) I gave Maryann our gift to you. We'll see you when we get back from Kauai.

Maryann said...

Happy birthday James! I know only "old people" say this, but I remember the day you were born and was SO EXCITED to have a nephew! I'm so proud of who you've become. Have a great day.!

Des said...

James, you're awesome! We love you and hope you have a great birthday and an wonderful year!

Julie Knowlton said...

I have a vivid memory of my mom running down the huge main hall in my elementary school (I was in 5th grade) and when she saw me she yelled at the top of her lungs, "JULIE! LAURI HAD HER BABY!"

And that is when it all started. I became an aunt.

go boo boo said...

Happy B-day James! One of my favorite stories of Andy and Parker Jones and Clark is of taking baby James to a birthday party (@ Barbara's) and having him kick at the door and declare in his little 3 or so year old voice "give me some cake". We use the line and voice all of the time. You may have had to be there.

Branigan Knowlton said...

Did Diane just drop "Mercedes" and "Kauai" in the same message?

Phil said...

Since when does James have nieces and nephews? No one caught that? Oh mom. Happy birthday uncle James!

Carrigan Clan said...

I love that Annette!

Julie Knowlton said...

Dear James,

You are my favorite uncle.

Love,
Cousin Julie

Megan B said...

I totally remember when that cutie pie was born. Time does fly and he is still a cutie pie (sorry James but it's true)! Okay okay...you're hot AND an Uncle...wow that's new! Oh and I heard there was a country group in town taking try outs for singers...anyone interested???