Sunday, October 7, 2007

Grateful Sunday

I am so grateful for General Conference! It literally jump starts my spirit every 6 months. Feeling the spirit of the Lord and His intense love for me, buoys me up and makes me feel as though I can do anything. Gratefully, I know that I CAN do anything with the Savior's help. I am SO grateful for my testimony that He lives!

Last night, I got to have a "Ladies Night" with Maryann, Des, Julie, my Mom, and Rhondi (Branigan's mom). We had such a wonderful time laughing our heads off and enjoying the yummy, yummy food from Paradise Bakery. During dinner we started talking about General Conference. I missed a huge majority of Saturday's General Conference sessions because of my boys' football games. However, I did get to listen to a few talks on the radio driving to and from Kaysville. One of the talks I heard was from Elder Wirthlin. I was so moved by his talk of serving and lifting others. Then Julie and Rhondi proceeded to tell me, with tears in their eyes, of his talk and how he was shaking so badly that Russell M. Nelson had to come and hold him from behind. Listening to him on the radio you would have never known. We were all teary eyed. Not tears of sadness, but tears of love, admiration and respect. Isn't it amazing how much love we feel for the brethren? As I thought about this through out the rest of the evening, I was teary eyed...ok bawling...I felt so much gratitude for my Savior and for His gospel. There have been many days I feel as though Christ was holding me up, just the way that Russell M. Nelson was holding up Elder Wirthlin. He truly is my Savior. I love Him with all my heart and hope to be able to share this light and testimony with my children. HHHHHMMMMM? I wonder if my long belches after drinking my first diet coke of the day inspires them? Maybe I should work on that.

4 comments:

Des said...

You are amazing! My entry just sounds like "Fall is good. I like Fall."

Des said...

you got your family links up. nice.

Maryann said...

Amen!Well said.

Julie Knowlton said...

Conference is good. Me like conference (inside joke).