Wednesday night around 6:45 pm I asked Ryan and Annie to gather whatever they needed for their Halloween costumes so we would be prepared for Thursday morning's 9am parade.
Good thing...Ryan would be dressing as a gangster and reminded me that his church pants were at the dry cleaners. Agh! They close at 7pm! As I jumped in the car and dash to the cleaners I realize"Oh crap! His pants were in the bag I had dropped off earlier that morning. Not good!" Already knowing what the cute girl at the drive thru window was going to tell me, I ask her anyway. No pants! The pants had been picked up an hour ago and taken to their Holladay location where the cleaning actually takes place. Ugh! Of course they were.
For an instant I think..."Oh well, Ryan can just wear jeans." Then remember how excited he'd been about his costume...the Mother GUILT kicks in. Called the Holladay location. They were CLOSED.
Thursday morning...Alarm goes off at 5:30 am. Pushed snooze twice. Finally drag myself out of bed, trip on mountain of towels in the middle of my bedroom and stumble into the shower.
Good thing...Ryan would be dressing as a gangster and reminded me that his church pants were at the dry cleaners. Agh! They close at 7pm! As I jumped in the car and dash to the cleaners I realize"Oh crap! His pants were in the bag I had dropped off earlier that morning. Not good!" Already knowing what the cute girl at the drive thru window was going to tell me, I ask her anyway. No pants! The pants had been picked up an hour ago and taken to their Holladay location where the cleaning actually takes place. Ugh! Of course they were.
For an instant I think..."Oh well, Ryan can just wear jeans." Then remember how excited he'd been about his costume...the Mother GUILT kicks in. Called the Holladay location. They were CLOSED.
Thursday morning...Alarm goes off at 5:30 am. Pushed snooze twice. Finally drag myself out of bed, trip on mountain of towels in the middle of my bedroom and stumble into the shower.
Arrive at the Holladay dry cleaner at 7:00 am. Make her dig through piles of dirty laundry until she finds the pants. I feel bad. She digs for 10 minutes. Finds them! THANK her profusely!!!!!!
The crazy things we do for our kids :)
Couple of "powder puff" football players wearing their older brother's jerseys.

After the parade I went to help with the Halloween Party in Annie's classroom.
One of the Room Mom's had set up a fog machine to create a fun ambiance for the kids.
NOTE: NOT a good idea. It set off the FIRE ALARM!
After the parade I went to help with the Halloween Party in Annie's classroom.
One of the Room Mom's had set up a fog machine to create a fun ambiance for the kids.
NOTE: NOT a good idea. It set off the FIRE ALARM!
The WHOLE SCHOOL evacuated and we sat on the lawn for an hour while
Sandy City Fire Department searched & cleared the school.
The kids thought it was the best Halloween party they've ever had! Gotta love fog machines.
Sandy City Fire Department searched & cleared the school.
The kids thought it was the best Halloween party they've ever had! Gotta love fog machines.

1 comment:
Fog machine story is hilarious. Annie and Maddie look so cute and Ryan looks dapper.YOU ARE the BEST. Sorry I had to miss their parade. the first one I've missed in years.
Lauri -as you were getting up at 5:30 I got up that same morning at 4:45 to SKYPE Julie and Beau for another story/lullaby session. YEP - what we do for our kids. Thanks for doin it for my grandkids!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment