Dear Julie,
This post is for you.
It goes without saying that we all miss you, Branigan, and Beau IMMENSELY and CONTINUALLY!
During the last couple months I've tried to post everyday life as often as possible to help keep you up to date on what's going on at home. It is my hope that if you are able to stay posted you won't feel as though you are missing out because I can CONFIDENTLY say that we ALL carry the 3 of you in our hearts AT ALL TIMES. Family gatherings like our Halloween party are just not the same without you.
I wanted to share a few moments of the night that I know you will very much enjoy.
Clark and Lisa AMAZINGLY (as usual) hosted our family costume party.
I scared the crap out of most of the little cousins when I walked in as a LEGO man.
The older ones liked it but the younger ones wouldn't come near me.
The Carrigan boys looked FRIGHTENINGLY convincing as RED NECKS
and very much enjoyed staying in playing their parts.
We enjoyed characters from Madagascar and Toy Story...
and CLEARLY we have the cutest cousins in the WHOLE world!
LOVED the Jesse costumes!
Des, of course, MADE what Alex is wearing. (hate her :)
Madison gets the award for the MOST costume changes throughout the night.
Annie and Kate were probably the BEST HELPERS of the night.
We had a discussion about how until THIS party...Clark and I didn't know that you ate Navajo Tacos on top of Scones. Yes...seriously. Duh? We just always thought it was served over chips...which was pointed out would be Taco Salad. So apparently we are RELATED and VERY OBSERVANT.
Lisa's Navajo Tacos were DELICIOUS and fruit dip...HEAVENLY!
Evidently Max enjoyed them the most :)
Nan, of course, brought some ADORABLY creative and TASTY cupcakes.
Clark spent hours putting together several "Minute-to-Win-It" challenges that were a hit!
CHALLENGE: Move a cookie from forehead to mouth without using hands.
Me...UNSUCCESSFUL.
Gene and Mom were AWESOME sports! They participated in EVERY challenge asked of them. Before we started the game we divided into teams according to birthdays. Their group consisted of those with May and June birthdays...Gene, Mom, and Brian. At first, I was worried it would be awkward for Brian, but later on in the night Mom ACED her challenge winning her team a bunch of points. Brian stood up and yelled "DIANE IS IN THE HOUSE!" (personal highlight of the night)
CHALLENGE: Remove one cup at a time re-stacking the original stack.
Harder than it looks!
CHALLENGE: Knock over all water bottles ONLY by swinging the ball
inside the nylon stocking with your head.
Annie and Kate both ROCKED!!!
CHALLENGE: Stack 4 plastic cups. One on each card. Slide each card out stacking the 4 cups.
James and Nick NAILED this one!
CHALLENGE: Blow all cards off the cup leaving just ONE remaining card.
Definitely worth mentioning again! "DIANE IS IN THE HOUSE!"
CHALLENGE: Chew and swallow a chocolate covered bug of your choosing.
Nick gobbled a chocolate covered cricket. I almost barfed watching him.
Ryan also choked down a chocolate covered cricket! I thought that one would come back up for sure.
PROPS to Phil, Gene, Nick, and Ryan. Gene swallowed a chocolate covered WORM! Bleh!!
CHALLENGE: Start with pencils on the floor topped with 3 peanuts. Pull strings wrapped around your ears until apparatus is to your mouth and eat peanuts without them falling off.
Maryann amazed us all at how quickly she conquered this one!
Super Girl stole my heart!
We missed you Jules. P.S. any package deliveries?



















3 comments:
Great pics Lauri - and a super evening - However, just as you mentioned, it wasn't the same without Julie, Bran, and Beau.
By the way - It was me who made the fruit dip! And it was pretty good -you're right.
On Friday, went to Kate's school Halloween parade while Gene tended Jack who was sick. After the parade Madison looked at me and said "Nana, you're my BEST friend." Now really - where can you go from there? FUN TIMES!
Thank you. This made me feel special and a lot better for missing what looked like a fantastic evening amongst my favorite people.
I loved reading this. Seeing all the pictures made me want to give everyone a big hug, but that time will come. I laughed loudly at Brian's comment. And your boys' costumes.
I love my family.
P.S. No package deliveries quite yet. It's the Philippines...
Post a Comment