My friend, James Marsden, asked me to sing the opening number at last night's Mentors International Gala.
When I asked Annie if she wanted to come with me she reluctantly agreed. Then I told her that David Archeleta would be performing and all of a sudden she was much more excited!
When I asked Annie if she wanted to come with me she reluctantly agreed. Then I told her that David Archeleta would be performing and all of a sudden she was much more excited!
As I sang in front of close to 1000 people, I tried my best to act calm and collected. It was both terrifying and exhilarating at the same time! After an incredible Beef Wellington dinner and the Mentors International program, Annie and I rocked out to David Archeleta. The whole night was awesome. And the best part...Annie thought I was a pretty cool mom...for a couple hours anyway.
We were not allowed to take pictures at the event, however, we were able to attend the "Meet and Greet" before the Gala where we met David Archeleta and a professional photographer took our picture with him. I will post it as soon as I receive it.

1 comment:
That's awesome Lauri! Sorry we missed it!
Post a Comment