Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blue Monster

DONT BE AFRAID!
My favorite protein shake at the gym is called the "blue monster."  Lately I have been getting one daily after my workouts.  Too expensive.  So today I asked for the recipe, ran into Whole Foods and can now enjoy at them home.  Seriously...SO GOOD!!!  


Blue Monster
1 handful of spinach
1 handful blueberries
vanilla protein powder
2 oz cold water
4 oz almond milk 
(unsweetened)
1 oz coconut milk 
(unsweetened)
1TB honey or agave nectar
1 TB coconut chips
(unsweetened)
1 scoop of ICE

The blender they use at the gym leaves little ice & coconut chip chunks that gives it a nutty consistency.  My blender at home doesn't so I omit the coconut chips.  Who wants the fat if you can't enjoy it going down.  ???







2 comments:

go boo boo said...

I am totally going to try it! Thanks for the recipe. We love spinach shakes already and I like the vanilla/coconut twist.

Julie Knowlton said...

I can't even tell you how jealous I am right now. That looks so yummy! I am going to see what of those ingredients I can get my hands on here. I want a Blue Monster, darn it!