Sure enough I started having labor pains Sunday night. I called Holly early Monday morning to tell her I thought I might be in labor. Since Holly and I were already planning to head up to Alta View that day to be with Jim, I decided to stop by the Women's Center just to be "checked" thinking it was probably false labor. By the time we arrived I was dilated to an 8 and in PAIN! Holly ran to Jim's room while I was being admitted. Since Jim was attached to an IV he had to wheel it down with him to my room. My doctor came into the room an hour later. He glanced over at Jim, noticed that Jim was in a hospital gown with an IV attached to his arm and exclaimed, "What the hell happened to you?" We had a good laugh. Nicholas was born and our life has been full of excitement ever since!
That Christmas was my very favorite Christmas ever! When Nicholas would wake up hungry in the middle of the night, I would feed him by the light of the Christmas tree and listen to Christmas music. I felt as though I was in a bubble of complete bliss as I held the best Christmas gift I've ever received!
Nick, with his vivacious personality, continually has us laughing. He is my "little stink." (Said with MUCH LOVE, of course!) Nick has always looked up to his big brother, James, and when he was little he always wanted to do everything "just like James." Nick hated being called little. He wanted to be BIG..."just like James." One day during the winter when Nick was 3, he anxiously followed James outside to play in the freshly fallen snow produced by a huge storm the night before. James was bundled up, ready to go, however, Nick was not. Jim happened to be shoveling the driveway and notice Nick without a coat. Jim scolded Nick to "get your little butt inside and put a coat on!" As Nick opened the door coming inside from the garage he scowled and grumbled..."I don't have a little butt! I have a big butt!"
I sure CHERISH my sweet Nick. Out of all the little, I'm sorry...BIG boys in the world, I feel SO lucky to have him as my own! I love you bud!
3 comments:
I love that picture of Nick, that's how I always picture him in my mind because that about the age he was when I first met him sitting in the back seat of Clark's red jeep!
I feel the same about that little...I mean BIG picture of Nick. I just love him and can't believe how big he is now! Love ya Nick. Happy (late) birthday!
Nick has been an absolute JOY in my life. I have had the privilege of teaching in the classroom next to Nick three different years. That was BIG fun for me. Sure am happy to be his grandma.
Nick, thanks for always letting me have some one on one time with you close to your birthday. I LOVE hearing all about your life and reminiscing about pet frogs, feeding the ducks at Cottonwood Country Club, etc. etc.
Love ya bud!
Post a Comment