Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent Calendar



OK girls...I finally finished my advent calendar...minus a few numbers...and day #22 is Maryann's. What?!  But cute idea Des! So GLAD our family has creative people like you!  I decided to use ours as a SERVICE Advent Calendar. For Family Home Evening we talked about SERVICE.  (Yes, we started having FHE again because about 3 weeks ago Ryan came to me and said, "You know Mom, we really need to start having Family Home Evening again!")   Thank goodness my KIDS keep ME in line.

For today, Day 1, we drew each other's names and have a "secret service someone" for the week to perform little acts of secret service for. On Sunday, we will reveal whose name we drew. I think for Day 2 we will find a note that says "send Brian a package." If you have any more ideas then let me know. I'm going to need all the help I can get.  Thanks again Des!

1 comment:

Katie said...

I love the bit about Ryan keeping you in line. When we were kids, our family would occasionally sneak off for Mexican food after Church. That is, until the day little Aileen said, "My teacher said we're not supposed to eat out on Sundays." And then, never again. Darn children and their righteousness.

LOVE this calendar!