Thursday, November 27, 2008

Bonjour

Jim and I thoroughly enjoyed our whirlwind jont to Paris! Such a ROMANTIC city! Tackling the subway system, an impossible maze that burrows all throughout the Paris undergrounds, without speaking a word of French was a bit interesting. I kept saying "Gratzi! Gratzi!" and got a couple of interesting looks. Yeah...later realized I was saying "Thank You" in ITALIAN! OK then. Wrong country.

FAVORITE SITE...The Eiffel Tower at night that glimmers sparkling lights every hour on the hour and can be seen for miles. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

FAVORITE TREAT...It just doesn't get better than fresh crepes smothered in chocolate, bananas, and creme from one of the many street vendors. SCRUMPTIOUS!

Jim was excited to find his next car. Good for the environment or not they just make me laugh!

Right outside the Louvre. I was amazed at how GINORMOUS it was. Simply too overwhelming to conquer in 2 days.

However, we were able to enjoy some statues that surrounded the Louvre. Um...Had a hard time appreciating this piece. Yeah...I didn't get it. Looked like the statue had "fallen and couldn't get up."

We were also able to take a cruise on the Seine, tour Notre Dame, stand under the Arc de Triomphe, walk down the Champs-Elysees and tour Versailles. I couldn't help but picture myself dressed in 1600 garb (corset and all) as we walked down the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles. Fascinating. I can't wait to study more about it. Only bummer at Versailles was an art display showcasing some guy named Jim Kunz. His work looked like a joke compared to the walls of Versailles so packed with history. Tell me what you think...
Yes, that is a giant balloon animal. Some of his other "masterpieces" consisted of 4 vacuums strategically placed and a blow up pool toy hanging from the ceiling by a ski rope. What?!

Most of all, I enjoyed having fun with my cute Jim in such a Romantic city! LOVE YOU BABE!

3 comments:

Amy Eagleston said...

Love the diet coke under your arm as you are eating your crepes. I love Paris. Sadly Paul and I were there in July during the heat wave of 2003. It was still fun but I would love to experience it as you did.

Diane said...

So happy you had that experience. A super time with Jim that you will always remeber!!

Megan B said...

SOOOOOOOOOO awesome. I can't wait to go someday!!!