Dad was out of town, flying, and so after church I took James and Nick over to Grandma's to hang out for the day. I even remember the yummy Sunday dinner Grandma cooked for us...pot roast and mashed potatoes. One of my favorites. Clark, Phil, Maryann, Julie, Grandma, James, Nicholas and I were all sitting around the table laughing about old stories as we massaged our full bellies.
I had been having contractions all day long, but didn't really think much of them because I always contracted with Braxton Hicks and you weren't due for another 3 weeks. But as they came faster and stronger I started to get a bit nervous. I remember mentioning that I might go to the hospital just to get checked for peace of mind. That was it! Everyone started buzzing around like little bees. I called Dad to let him know that I thought you might be coming and to try to get home!
Grandma, Maryann and Julie drove me to the hospital. I had invited them to actually be in the room while you were born. When we arrived I was dilated to a 9! Things started moving fast. Grandpa and Cindy came to the hospital. About 10 minutes before you were born Dad burst through the door in full pilot garb. He was able to catch a flight getting him there just in time! I was SO HAPPY because I didn't want him to miss it...neither did he!
My doctor was out of town because of Labor Day weekend and so the "on call" doctor, Dr. Walker, was the one to deliver you. She was awesome. Your birth has always been a special one for me because so many of the people I love were there to witness it..kind of like fans in the bleachers cheering you on. We were all joking around having fun as you were born. I loved it! I remember laughing as the doctor said "Wow! I've never had a delivery like this before!" Right as you were born I remember feeling your sweet, tender spirit. I already loved you so very much and felt so lucky that you were mine!
4 comments:
SOOOO precious!! Do remember that day very fondly, but Lauri as hard as I try, CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT I FIXED FOR DINNER!!!!!
SURE LOVE MY RY-GUY! You have been so special in our lives. HAPPY 10th!!!
WHY. Why do I cry so easily??
I really love that story. It helps me remember my little girls' births and how exciting they were as well. We love you so much Ry Guy and we are so happy to have you in our family.
Still crying.
Witnessing Ryan's birth = Top 5 best moments of my life. Truly. Love you buddy.
Amen to what Julie said. Love you Ryan!
Post a Comment