Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Our Last Day

On Monday, we checked out of our hotel and drove back to Santiago to do some sightseeing. Santiago is a HUGE city. I couldn't believe how many people were out and about. We saw many parks right in the middle of the city. My kids enjoyed counting the number of couples they could spot that were making out. Lovely. Let's just say that Chileans seem to be very affectionate.

We eventually found the Santiago temple. It was surrounded by the Chilean version of the MTC and other Church office buildings. Unfortunately, it closes on Mondays, but we enjoyed taking a few pictures and walking around the grounds.


Our last Chilean meal of empanadas and some kind of meat served over rice. I just ate the rice. :)

And a final Fanta orange toast to our crazy little adventure.

As our plane landed in Atlanta, I couldn't help but feel extremely blessed to be able to live in the United States. We take so much for granted like, for example, ice. (Notice no ice in the glasses) It was nice to be reminded of just how blessed we are and that it is important to always be grateful. And I AM truly grateful.

4 comments:

Daily Jot & Tittle said...

What a fun trip! Your family is so cute and everyone is growing up too fast!

Diane said...

what an incredible experience to give your kids. Love it!

Maryann said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys got to do that!

Jane said...

How fun, you are so lucky to be able to do that. what an adventure (I would have had a panic attack to do that so spontaneously too)