The best school fields trip I ever took my first grade students on was a a trip to the airport. Jim had arranged boarding passes for all the kids when they arrived at the terminal. We all boarded the Skywest plane, including the bus driver whom Jim invited. After boarding we were served juice and peanuts, The latch was closed and we continued racing larger plans back and forth on the runway while each student was invited up into the cockpit to wear the co-pilot hat and steer the plane on the ground. Truly an unique experience for all! Even the bus driver sitting in the back yelled "I've never been on a field trip like this. Each child was given a large poster detailing the description of the plane. IT WAS A BLAST! Thanks Jim for that incredible field trip!
Is this the part where I yell...HOLY @#$% on camera!!???!!!?? Awesome view Jim. If I could get over my swearing tick I'd love to go up with you again some day. You are quite generous with your many talents. Thank you!
6 comments:
And when you visit him... and he takes you above New York, that is the best! (he did that for me when I was 18- I will never forget it!)
I am going to print that out and put it in my office.
The best school fields trip I ever took my first grade students on was a a trip to the airport. Jim had arranged boarding passes for all the kids when they arrived at the terminal. We all boarded the Skywest plane, including the bus driver whom Jim invited. After boarding we were served juice and peanuts, The latch was closed and we continued racing larger plans back and forth on the runway while each student was invited up into the cockpit to wear the co-pilot hat and steer the plane on the ground. Truly an unique experience for all! Even the bus driver sitting in the back yelled "I've never been on a field trip like this. Each child was given a large poster detailing the description of the plane. IT WAS A BLAST! Thanks Jim for that incredible field trip!
Is this the part where I yell...HOLY @#$% on camera!!???!!!?? Awesome view Jim. If I could get over my swearing tick I'd love to go up with you again some day. You are quite generous with your many talents. Thank you!
That is awesome!
Diane's field trip is the coolest field trip I have ever heard of, you are incredible.
Post a Comment