As I was trying to come up with a way to explain this incredible courage to Primary children, I thought of the Primary song that will be taught next month, "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" and it clicked. There's no doubt that the Savior stood by Abinadi while going through this difficult experience. There is no doubt that He stands by us through difficult times as well. This is were we get the courage...from the Savior. He knows we can do it and He wants us to know we can do it. Here are the words to the third verse...
IF THE SAVIOR STOOD BESIDE ME
He is always near me thought I do not see Him there,
And because He loves me dearly, I am in His watchful care.
So I'll be the kind of person that I know I'd like to be
If I could see the Savior standing nigh, watching over me.
Sorry if this all seems very obvious and elementary. That would be the reason I am in primary. :)
1 comment:
Lauri, that was BEAUTIFULLY stated. What was obvious is that you were filled with the spirit as you were writing. SO GRATEFUL ALL MY CHILDREN HAVE THAT KIND OF TESTIMONY!
Today as I was taking Carter and Max home after a sleepover with Gene and I, out of the blue Carter said: "Nana, we LOVE Lauri!"
I said, "we surely do Carter. We surely do!"
Post a Comment