Saturday, February 23, 2008

Comfort Food

I am fine with snow as long as it is sunny, but this MUCK in the air is really getting to me! Yesterday I was feeling down in the dumps and so I made myself a HUGE bowl of CARMEL POPCORN. Can you say...INHALE? I LOVE this stuff and I pretty much made myself SICK, but it was really yummy going down.

This is the BEST sticky, gooey recipe I have found...
CARAMEL POPCORN
1 pound brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white corn syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla
Combine sugar, butter and corn syrup in pan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir until soft ball stage. Remove from heat. Stir in condensed milk and vanilla. Pour over popcorn. I usually use 3 bags of microwave popcorn. Pick out all unpopped kernels before adding caramel. I usually share half of it with the neighbors so I don't feel so bad about INHALING it.

2 comments:

nicole said...

That's the same caramel popcorn recipe I use! Isn't it just the best?! Oh man, that sounds (and looks) so yummy right now!

Megan B said...

Thank you so much for the recipe. My kids are getting sick of my depression chocolate chip cookies I've been making in the muck!!