Friday, January 11, 2008
Time and Forever
Last night our dear friends, Casey and Ginger Timmerman, were sealed in the Salt Lake Temple. It felt so awesome to be in the temple with Jim's high school buddies and their wives. After we had dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and laughed and laughed and laughed. What a great group of friends. It is the same group that we have our infamous annual Christmas party with. When all of our kids were little we would get them together for play dates. Now one of them is leaving on a mission to Guatemala City in a couple weeks. I swear TIME is flying for me lately! I've kind of been feeling like I just want to freeze TIME or something. It just seems to be going too quickly! But being in the temple just reminded me that we are all part of something bigger...that TIME really doesn't matter when you are talking about FOREVER. What really matters is that we use our TIME wisely making the choices that will allow us to be together FOREVER. That is my little lesson to myself for the week. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love 'your lesson' about time... it makes sense to me. Sometimes I get sooo... sad that my kids are growing up so fast, I weep. You are right about making choices... thanks for the boost!
Lauri, that last line about your lesson, I think I might type it up and put it on my fridge. You are so insightful!
You bet I love that lesson. And you bet I will use that in my next lesson on TIME.
Post a Comment