Thursday, December 20, 2007

3:00AM...and I CAN'T sleep!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper!
2. Real or Fake Tree? Used to love REAL because of the smell, but now we just do FAKE and just light a Christmas candle.
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving!
4. When do you take the tree down? Day or two after Christmas. I am sick of it by then.
5. Do you like eggnog? LOVE! I like the low-fat version best because it is not as thick.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Yellow go-cart. OK...it was my brother's but I was older and more bossy!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I like creating the LIVE nativity with all the cousins best.
8. Hardest person to buy for? Jim! Hands down!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Annie. Anything pink.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever got? Barbie wigs.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Oh my gosh...MAIL!
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Christmas Story. Let's be honest...that show CRACKS me up!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? October-ish
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Hello?! Hasn't everyone at least once?
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Bring on the FUDGE!
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Silent Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, but I like Nick's version better..."Quebert"..."Blitzer"
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One Christmas Eve (PJs) and the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Slow checkers at Target.
23. What I love most about Christmas? The spirit of the season, music, cuddling by the fire, hot chocolate, online shopping in my PJs, Jim's Christmas morning omelets, pulling brodies in the church parking lot after the first big snow storm. Except now my car has front wheel drive and anti-lock brakes. Puts a damper on the whole spin thing.
24. Do you say Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays? Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Diane said...

Barbi wigs! I remember that Lauri and thought you would LOVE them!!!!
What do I know???????????????????

Carrigan Clan said...

Come on Mom...really...Barbie wigs??? :)

Diane said...

By the way Lauri, the yellow go-cart WAS yours also. It was to the whole family from Santa!

Carrigan Clan said...

I have some awesome memories of Clark and I on that thing. Do you remember when the brakes went out and Clark and I drove it around and around the driveway yelling "MOM!" every time we passed the front door. Good times.

Julie Knowlton said...

I loved that post.