Sunday, October 14, 2007

Grateful Sunday

I am grateful for my Jim! Last November he fell at work and hurt his shoulder pretty badly. After a couple of cortizone shots and a few months time it was decided he would need surgery. He hasn't flown since about June. During the summer I wasn't sure who was going to drive me more crazy...my kids, who were out of school or Jim. I laughed SO HARD when Megan told me she plans "playdates" for her husband. Isn't that the best?! Jim...Today you and Darren are going to Lagoon. LOVE that! But Jim is such a hardworker that I really enjoyed having him home! What an AWESOME Dad, Coach, Chef, Gardner, Fix-it dude, Sounding Board, Stand-up Comedian, Playmate, Lunch-date, Friend and LOVER. (I have called him my "lover" since we have been married. 2 funny stories...One morning when Annie was about 3, she came downstairs and noticed that Jim was gone. She said, "Mom, where's lover?" Isn't that the sweetest. And a few months ago, I called home and James answered the phone. I thought it was Jim because James's voice has gotten so deep. I said, "Hi lover!" And James replied..."Mom! That is SICK!") Anyway, Jim had to leave after church today to go fly. I am a little sad. I know he is excited to get back to flying and have a few days to himself just vegging in a hotel. And I'll be honest, it will be nice to have the house all to myself during the day, HOWEVER, I SO appreciate him and all he does for us! I love that we have been married for 16 years and I am still very much in love with the guy. So happy he is forever mine!

3 comments:

Megan B said...

I am grateful for Jim too. He is pretty awesome and oh so hot! Lauri, you'll have to give me some tips for having the husband home during down time (see my current blog about said husband) -- the play dates aren't working and COME ON...how many NOONERS can a woman handle??

Carrigan Clan said...

Meg, I am lucky if I make it to noon. :)

Megan B said...

Seriously. It's kids are off, baby is down, what else is there to do? Are you kidding me??? How do they think we survive without them?