Thursday, September 27, 2007

Just Like Grandma

Annie wanted to make her own eggs for breakfast this morning. As she scrambled her eggs she said, "Look Mama, I am just like Grandma." I asked her why and she answered, "Because she always wears a towel on her shoulder when she makes "toast men" for us. I just laughed. Annie is exactly right. For as long as I can remember, whenever Mom is in the kitchen she wears a dish towel over her shoulder and still does to this day. I thought that was so cute. She sure loves her grandma!

3 comments:

Julie Knowlton said...

I love that story! In fact, whenever I am cooking, I put the towel on my shoulder and it reminds me of mom, too!

Kate said...

When I was little- I loved sunny side up eggs and so did my grandpa- so I called them 'Grandpa Eggs' (I would order them at restaurants- thinking everyone knew what I meant!) Thanks for sharing that cute story!

Diane said...

I am so happy to be spreading that habbit to my sweet Annie. She does a great job with her toastmen. Love ya girlfriend!